Much like the Toyota Prius, the Toyota Camry is one of the most popular cars on the road here in Los Angeles. With its impressive reliability, everyday utility, and fuel economy, it’s easy to see why this Toyota sedan is so popular. One of the best ways to keep it reliable is through consistent and regular servicing. With RepairSmith, Toyota Camry service in Los Angeles has never been easier.
Benefits of Regular Maintenance for Your Toyota Camry
Although the Toyota Camry, and Toyota vehicles in general, are well-known for their reliability, they don’t stay that way on their own. Regularly servicing these vehicles is the best way to maintain reliability and fuel economy. Without regular maintenance your vehicle will be less efficient, resulting in reduced power, less MPG, and this can even lead to more catastrophic issues.
Common Problems and Issues with the Toyota Camry
The Toyota Camry has been around for over 40 years, and each new generation has been more powerful, comfortable, and safer than the last. Across these generations, though, a few common issues have come up, some of which you may be currently experiencing with your own Toyota Camry. Here are a few of the most common service issues with this popular sedan:
- Transmission Delay: Some Camry models, particularly from the 2007-2009 era, faced transmission lag, resulting in abrupt or delayed shifts.
- Excessive Oil Consumption: Especially prevalent in 2007-2009 models, some Camrys have been known to consume oil at a rate faster than usual, requiring frequent top-ups.
- Dashboard Melting: In high-temperature areas like LA, certain models experienced sticky, melted dashboards, leading to glare issues and overall a major eyesore.
- Faulty Power Windows: Some owners have reported issues with the power window switches, where windows failed to open or close correctly.
- EVAP Canister: Responsible for capturing fuel vapors, a faulty canister can lead to the check engine light illuminating and a potential fuel smell. This can result in a failed CARB test and should be fixed immediately.
Your LA Source for Toyota Camry Service
Regular maintenance is one of the most important things you can do for your Toyota Camry. Be it oil changes, tire rotations, or battery check-ups, these regular services will help keep your Toyota reliable for years to come. By performing simple services like these, and undergoing regular inspections, you can also help avoid unforeseen repair issues down the line.
If it’s time to repair your Toyota Camry, or if you haven’t had a service in the last year, contact RepairSmith for a mobile Toyota service. We’ll bring our tools and expertise directly to you, servicing your Toyota Camry on-site and allowing you to go about your day uninterrupted. Whether you’re downtown or in the valley, RepairSmith is your local Los Angeles automotive service provider.