Last Updated: 04/10/19
RepairSmith, Inc. 1240 Rosecrans Ave. Ste. 500 Manhattan Beach, CA 90266 Attn: General Counsel email@example.com
We do not intentionally gather personal data from visitors who are under the age of 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has submitted personal data to RepairSmith, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal data from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding the processing of personal data may be less protective than the laws in your country. By providing your data, you consent to such processing and transfer.
(a) Information You Provide to Us.
● We may collect your first name, last name, phone number, address, e-mail address, password, vehicle identification number, license plate, other vehicle related information (e.g. make, model, year of vehicle, etc.), and billing related information (including your phone number, credit card information, and billing address) when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”).
● When you post content on our Site such as a review, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users will be able to see it, along with your first name and last initial. The information that you provide will be visible to others, including anonymous visitors to the Site.
● If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name, e-mail address, and any other content included in your e-mail to us, in order to send you a reply.
● If you subscribe to our e-mail newsletter, we will collect your e-mail address.
● We will also collect personal data at other points in our Site that state that personal data is being collected.
(b) Information Collected via Technology.
● Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) may collect information from your computer or device, including but not limited to:
o The date and time of your visit and the web pages, content, and advertisements you view and links you click on while navigating within our Site; o Information about the type of content accessed via our Site; o The site you visited before and after visiting our Site; o Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a numerical address assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so that other computers connected to the Internet can communicate with your browser online) that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area; o Search terms you enter on a referral site; o Information about your device such as your device type, browser type, language and other settings, memory capacity, plug-ins, Internet domain, advertising identifiers, TCP configuration parameters, operating system, time zone and the names, versions and package IDs of software installed on your device; and o Information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies (see additional descriptions of these terms below).
● Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, that are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages.
● Do Not Track. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals from web browsers.
(c) Information Collected from Third Party Companies.
● We may receive personal and/or anonymous data about you from certain third parties, such as personal data from data aggregators and vehicle service providers. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site.
(a) General Use. In general, personal data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, aid us in serving you better, and improve our Site. We and our authorized service providers, including the vehicle service providers you select may use your personal data in various ways, including to:
● facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network;
● identify you as a user in our system;
● provide the services you request;
● contact you to follow up on a request you made;
● follow up on additional vehicle services you may be interested in, including periodic vehicle maintenance and check-ups;
● remind you of scheduled appointments;
● store invoices for historical records of your services;
● create, post, and publish your ratings and reviews of vehicle service providers as well as rankings based on your ratings and reviews;
● provide improved administration of our Site and services;
● measure and analyze audience traffic and improve the quality of your experience when you interact with our Site and services;
● send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your account was created;
● send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security, or support and maintenance advisories;
● communicate, display, and/or send surveys, newsletters, and other promotional materials to you;
● prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, comply with applicable law, and enforce the terms of any agreements we may have with you; and
● for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent. (b) Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create anonymous data records from personal data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
(a) Users. When you post comments on our Site, you will be identified by your first name and last initial. Please note that any personal data you include on a public area of the Site will be publicly viewable. Once displayed publicly, that information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not put data such as private contact information which you do not want to make available to the public in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Site, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
(b) Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your personal data with (i) the vehicle service providers that you select so that they can provide services to you and (ii) third-party service providers that conduct quality assurance testing, facilitate creation of accounts, provide technical support, and/or provide other services to RepairSmith.
(c) Other Third Parties. We may share your personal data with third parties for their own business purposes, including for such third party’s direct marketing purposes. For instance, we may share your vehicle’s service data with providers of vehicle repair historical records.
For online payments and/or Automated Clearing House (ACH) payouts, we use the payment services of Stripe (https://stripe.com). To simplify the ordering process for you, we save the last four digits of your credit card, the expiration date of your credit card, the credit card type, your first and last name, your billing address, and a token identifier to match your information to your full credit card number, which is stored by Stripe. We do not store your full credit card number or your CVV2 number (the 3 to 4 digit security code on your card). We do not have access to your full credit card number stored by Stripe. For more information on how payments are handled, and to understand the data security and privacy protections afforded to such information, please refer to https://stripe.com/us/privacy.
You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Site:
(b) Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Site or all functionality of the Site. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided above.
(c) Google Analytics. You may prevent your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics by opting out through the use of the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
(d) Third-Party Networks. You can learn more about managing your preferences for ads online, particularly for many third-party advertising networks, through resources made available by the Digital Advertising Alliance at https://www.aboutads.info or the Network Advertising Initiative at https://optout.networkadvertising.org.
(e) Accessing, Changing or Deleting Your personal data. You may request deletion of your personal data by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes.