Our listening preferences change from time to time. One day, we’re blasting Kanye on repeat, and the next, we can’t hit pause on our audiobook. Add some variety to your usual playlist with these brain-tickling podcasts. From daily news and educational topics to empowering entrepreneurs and suspenseful investigations, we’ve listed the 20 best podcasts for your commute.
Trending Podcasts in 2019
- The Joe Rogan Experience – A long-running video and audio podcast hosted by comedian, Joe Rogan. Rogan shares candid interviews with a variety of figures including MMA fighters, politicians, actors, and psychologists.
- Crime Junkie – Host Ashley Flowers and co-host Brit Prawat discuss weekly crime obsessions through casual, gal-pal conversations.
- Stuff You Should Know – Josh Clark and Chuck Bryant discuss a plethora of random curiosities including bad breath, bookkeeping, and black boxes.
- Sibling Revelry with Kate Hudson and Oliver Hudson – This new podcast by sibling actors Kate and Oliver Hudson is said to discuss, “family dynamics, the human mind, body, and so much more.”
- Slow Burn – In its third season, Slow Burn is a narrative podcast hosted by Leon Neyfakh that covers popular 20th century stores. The first two seasons covered the Watergate scandal and the impeachment of Bill Clinton; the current season discusses the murders of Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G.
- The Daily – Hosted by Michael Barbaro, The Daily is a daily news podcast and radio show by the The New York Times.
- Up First by NPR – Up First is a 10 minute report and analysis of the three biggest news stories of the day. Hosts include Rachel Martin, Noel King, David Greene, Steve Inskeep, Lulu Garcia-Navarro, and Scott Simon.
- The Journal – The Journal is a podcast from The Wall Street Journal which covers daily news from a business perspective. Hosted by Kate Linebaugh and Ryan Knutson.
- Next Question with Katie Couric – Seasoned reporter Katie Couric hosts her own podcast featuring interviews with the most influential people in news, politics, and pop culture.
- Pod Save America – In this podcast, four former aids to President Obama share conversations with journalists, politicians, comedians, and activists about current political challenges.
- Naked with Catt Sadler – The former E! News anchor interviews guests from her home with the goal to prioritize raw topics and authenticity.
- The goop Podcast – Gwyneth Paltrow’s company has its own podcast hosted by Paltrow and goop’s Chief Content Officer Elise Loehnen. The women interview special guests and discuss topics important to the brand including health, wellness, career, and more.
- Work Party – A compilation of career-focused interviews hosted by Create & Cultivate CEO and author, Jaclyn Johnson.
- On The Line with Estée Lalonde – Social media influencer, Estée Lalonde poses questions she finds important to her primarily-female following including skincare, mental health, and entrepreneurship.
- Directionally Challenged – Hosted by actresses Candice King and Kayla Ewell, the two interview special guests about topics important to 30-something women.
- The Plant Proof Podcast – Hosted by Simon Hill, this podcast interviews inspirational figures about the impact of eating a plant-based diet. Guests include award-winning doctors, chefs, professional athletes, and social media influencers.
- Overheard at National Geographic – Each week National Geographic explorers, photographers, and scientists discuss the fascinating topics circulating NatGeo headquarters.
- The TED Interview – Much like the viral speeches we’ve seen on YouTube, this podcast discusses “powerful ideas” with some of the world’s most illuminating minds.
- ESPN Daily – Five days a week, host Mina Kimes share an inside look at the most interesting stories in sports news with the help of top ESPN reporters.
- Bad Batch – A six-part investigative series about a miracle cure in Texas gone wrong by Laura Beil, the award-winning host and reporter of “Dr Death.”